Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Student Support


From time to time, things can happen in our lives and we need to seek legal advice and support. There are a range of free services available to help in NSW.

  • Law Access NSW – this is the best place to start to resolve a legal problem in NSW. It is a free government telephone service that provides legal information, advice and referrals for anyone with a legal problem in NSW.
  • Legal Aid NSW Legal Aid NSW provides legal services to disadvantaged clients from NSW in the areas of criminal, family and civil law.
  • Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW – if you have experienced discrimination in NSW, you can lodge a complaint with the Anti-discrimination board. They have partnered with Legal Aid to provide this free service.
  • Community Legal Centres NSW – this website can help you locate community legal centres that are relevant to your situation.
  • Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW&ACT) – the ALS provide a range of legal services to the Aboriginal community.
  • Inner City Legal Centre the ICLC provides free legal advice to residents in the inner city, surrounding areas Northern Beaches, and LGBTIQ Communities
  • HIV/AIDS Legal Centre – HALC provides free legal support to people in NSW with HIV or Hepatitis-related legal matters
  • Women's Legal Services NSW – the WLS is a community legal centre providing women across NSW with a range of free legal services.
  • International Student Legal Service NSW – the ISLS gives free legal advice to international students living in NSW.
  • Redfern Legal Centre – RLC provides a range of free legal services to people living in the Redfern catchment area.
  • Kingsford Legal Centre - provide free legal advice and assistance to people who live, work or study in the Randwick and Botany Bay local government areas in NSW.
  • Community Restorative Centre – CRC’s Family Caseworker provides telephone counselling and support to anyone in NSW with a family member or friend in a correctional centre.
  • Welfare Rights Centre – provides legal advice on Centrelink and social security matters. They can provide advice on social security rights, entitlements and obligations.
  • Financial Counsellors Association of NSW - offers a free and confidential  service to consumers who are facing financial problems.